Tuna and Mushroom Pasta Bake
Not sure where I got this one from.
- 400g spiral pasta
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in oil, drained with 1 tablespoon oil reserved
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) low-fat thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 cup grated low-fat tasty cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan according to packet directions or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the reserved tuna oil (1 tablespoon) in a deep non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and mushroom and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened and slightly browned. Add the cream and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes. Stir through the cooked pasta, tuna, mustard, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until mixture is warmed through fully.
- Remove from heat and transfer to individual oven-proof ramekins. Sprinkle each one with some cheese, then place under a preheated grill and cook until golden brown on top. Set aside for a few minutes before serving.
For a bit of extra flavour add peas in step 2