- 500g-600g Chicken breast fillet
- 2x Chorizo sausage
- 500ml Chicken stock
- 220g Bomba (or Arborio) rice
- 50g peas
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- half a bunch of chives, garnish
- Aioli and sangria, to serve
For the sofrito
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 6 piquillo peppers
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch chives
- 25ml olive oil
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- To make the sofrito, place all of the sofrito ingredients in a food processor and process until chunky.
- Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces, season with salt and pepper.
- Place a 30 centimetre wide frying pan over a high heat add a glug of olive, then add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until brown on all sides. Add the chorizo for the last couple of minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the sofrito and cook for a further three minutes
- Stir in the rice and make sure that it gets well coated
- Add chicken stock and and set aside chicken pieces and bring to the boil.
- Simmer on a medium to low heat for 15 minutes or until the stock has been absorbed.
- Add the peas and cook for a further 2 minutes to achieve "soccaranda" (crust on the bottom of the pan).
- Season to taste with salt and garnish with chives. Squeeze over lemon juice just before serving.