Pico de Gallo
Pico de Gallo is an essential side dish for Mexican food. It’s stuffed in things, piled on things, served as a side. It’s by far the most well known Mexican salsa.
This recipe is from https://www.recipetineats.com/pico-de-gallo-authentic/
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1/3rd cup of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 of a cup of finely chopped (white) onion
- 1.5 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno or serrano chilli
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 0.5 teaspoons salt
- Cut the tomatoes in half and use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds and watery centre. Cut into 1cm dice.
- Combine with remaining ingredients. Set aside for 5 to 20 minutes. Serve as a topping or side for things like tacos, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas and any Mexican dish!
- This can be made ahead up to 1 day. Leave out the lime juice and salt (otherwise the tomato juices will leech out), cover and refrigerate. Drain excess liquid, add lime juice and salt just before serving.
Use this recipe as a based and adjust to taste. For instance if you add pepper and olive oil it makes a great salad.