- 180g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 3/4 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Strawberry jam
- 70g butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg, honey and golden syrup. Beat well until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixture, and stir to combine.
- Roll a teaspoon of the mixture into a ball. Press your thumb into the middle of it and place onto a lined baking tray. Dip a desert spoon into a glass of cold water and using the back of the spoon, flatten out the balls to make an oval shape. Using a fork, gently scratch the surface. Repeat this procedure with the rest of the mixture until all of the biscuits are shaped and ready to bake.
- Place the biscuits into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the buttercream icing. In a stand up mixer, whip the butter and icing sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Add the milk and set aside.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- When biscuits are cool, spread a teaspoon of jam in the middle of the flat side of one of the biscuits. Using another biscuit, place a teaspoon of buttercream icing in the middle of the flat surface. Gently sandwich the biscuits halves together. Repeat the process until all of the biscuits have been filled.