Adapted slightly from an original recipe by the organised housewife
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 200g ham, finely chopped
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup chives, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 60g butter, melted
- 1/3 tasty cheese, grated (extra)
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped (extra)
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Grease a 12-hole muffin tray or use a silicone tray and set aside.
- Add flour, ham, cheese, chives, milk, egg and butter into a large bowl, mix to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tray.
- Bake muffins in oven for 10 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining cheese and chives, continue cooking for a further 5-8 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Rest in tray for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely or serve warm.