- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup beef stock (235 mL)
- 2 cups gruyere cheese (200 g), shredded
- bread (french stick), sliced and toasted, to serve
- In a bowl, add the chicken thighs, salt, pepper, garlic, dried parsley, and olive oil, and toss until evenly coated.
- Add the chicken to a skillet on medium-high heat. Sear until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook the other side of the chicken, 2 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to grill
- Add the butter, sliced onions, salt, and pepper to the same pan, stirring occasionally until softened. Reduce heat to low and cook until they are deeply caramelised, about 1 hour.
- Add thyme and beef stock and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the chicken on top of the onions, and sprinkle with Gruyère cheese.
- Grill for 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve over bread