From Thomasina Miers
- 350g potatoes
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 200g chorizo cooking sausage, chopped
- Small bunch of thyme, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 large flour or corn tortillas
- 400g cheese, grated (I find that a mix of extra mature English cheddar and a little grated mozzarella makes the perfect cheese mix, with a good flavour and the right gooiness)
- Olive oil
- Peel and par-boil the potatoes for around 7-8 minutes. Leave them to cool a little and then cut them into 1cm dice.
- Cut the potatoes in equal-size chunks and fry until starting to brown. Put aside.
- Cook the onion until soft, add the garlic and cook for a further 3 minutes. Mix in the chorizo and potato, turn up the heat and fry for another 5 minutes. Mix in the thyme and season. Assemble all the rest of the quesadilla
- Spread a quarter of the chorizo mixture on one half of a tortilla and sprinkle with a fistful of cheese
- Fold the tortilla over so that you have a half moon. Brush it with a little olive oil (so the tortilla doesn't stick to the pan) and place in a hot, dry frying pan or griddle and cook until golden and crisp. Repeat with the remaining tortillas
- Cut into wedges and serve with your favourite table salsa. I use Cooked Tomato Salsa