- 1 dough ball, left to rise for 1.5 to 2 hours (see Pizza Dough recipe)
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 dessertspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 4 dessertspoons tomato sauce (Simmer a can of whole peeled tomatoes over a low heat for five minutes. Add a few leaves of fresh basil and sea salt to taste)
- About 7 slices chorizo
- 6–8 chunks cooking chorizo
- 60g mozzarella fior di latte, torn into 5 chunks
- 4 basil leaves, torn
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a pan, heat the oil and fry the garlic over a low heat until lightly golden.
- Stir in the tomato sauce.
- Place a rack on the highest shelf of an oven and turn the grill to its highest setting.
- When hot, place a greased 26cm iron pan on the stovetop, set to medium heat.
- Sprinkle a little flour over your hands and on the work surface and open the dough ball by flattening and stretching the dough with your fingers, or by rolling the dough with a rolling pin.
- Pick the pizza base up and gently stretch it a little further over your fists without tearing it.
- Drop this onto the hot pan, and allow it to start rising.
- As soon as the dough firms up, spread the tomato and garlic sauce over the base with the back of a metal spoon. Scatter the chorizo and mozzarella on top.
- Cook the pizza on top of the stove for about three minutes, then transfer the pan to the grill for a further three to four minutes.
- Once ready, scatter the basil leaves on top and serve in one piece or sliced, with a few grinds of pepper.