Chicken Burrito Bowls
From the lovely people at Tasty
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 medium jar of salsa
- 1 cup of brown rice, cooked
- Spring onions, diced for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat
- Add the diced onion with a pinch of salt and sauté until the onions have softened, should take about 3-4 minutes
- Move the onions to the sides of the pan to create an open space in the middle. Add the cubed chicken into the centre of the pan, season with salt and pepper and cook until it is cooked almost all of the way through.
- Add the garlic and mix until fragrant, should be about 30 seconds
- Pour over salsa, black beans, and rice and mix everything in the pan is evenly combined
- Let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through
- Divide the mixture equally into 4-6 bowls and sprinkle over some thinly sliced spring onions.