Cheese and Garlic Crack Bread
- 1 crusty loaf, preferably sourdough or Vienna
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (or other melting cheese)
- 100g/3.5oz unsalted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Melt butter and then mix in other Garlic Butter ingredients.
- Cut the bread on a diagonal into 2cm/1" diamonds but do not cut all the way through the bread (just like you would cut a french stick for garlic bread).
- Use your fingers or a knife to pry open each crack and drizzle in a teaspoon of butter and stuff in a pinch of cheese. This might sound like a bit of an effort, but I promise you it is worth it! You don't need to be super neat, it's nice to have some of the butter drizzled over the crust.
- Wrap with foil and bake for 15minutes until the cheese has mostly melted, then unwrap and bake for 5 minutes more to make the bread nice and crusty.
- Serve immediately.