Black Bean Corn Nachos
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 corn cobs, kernels sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seed removed, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons each of ground cumin and ground coriander
- 2 chipotle chllies in adobo sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock
- 170g corn chips
- 200g coarsely grated cheddar
- Place a frying pan over medium heat. Add half of the olive oil and once hot, add the corn kernels and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until golden. Set aside until needed
- Add remaining olive oil to the pan. Add onion and capsicum, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic, spices, chipotle chillies and bay leaf, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Stir through black beans and stock, bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occassionally, for 30 minutes or until thickened and reduced. Stir through corn kernels
- Preheat the oven to 180C while the mixture is cooking
- Spread corn chips over a baking tray and spoon over bean mixture. Sprinkle over cheese, Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Remove nachos from the oven and serve with sour cream, guacamole and lime wedges.