Baked Risotto with Spicy Sausage
From Women's Weekly cheap and cheerful cookbook
- 5 thin Italian sausages (400g)
- 3.5 cups (875ml) of chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1.5 cups (300g) arborio rice
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram leaves
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (160 if fan forced)
- Cook sausages, uncovered, in heated oiled large frying pan until browned all over and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper; slice thickly
- Meanwhile, bring stock to the boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, covered.
- Heat oil in the frying pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add rice, stir to coat in onion mixture. Stir in stock and sausages.
- Place the risotto mixture in a large shallow ovenproof dish; cover with foil. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes stirring half way through.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the tomatoes soften and the rice is tender.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with marjoram and serve.