Bacon and Mustard Frittata with Tomato
From Australian Good Taste - April 2008 , Page 6. Recipe by Michelle Southan, serves 6
- 10 eggs
- 65g (3/4 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- 3 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 500g rindless bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 1 large brown onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Continental parsley leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Whisk together the eggs, cheddar and mustard in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a 16cm-diameter (base measurement), 1.25L (5-cup) capacity ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until light golden.
- Add the spinach to the pan and cook, tossing, for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach wilts.
- Reduce heat to very low. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Shake to evenly distribute the egg. Arrange the tomato on top.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes or until the frittata is set around the edge but still runny in the centre.
- Place the frying pan in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the frittata is golden brown and just set.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the frittata. Cut into wedges to serve.